- Coordinate specific activities with a group of construction crew in compliance with Project specification, in order to ensure efficient performance and respecting HSE and Quality procedures and practices.
- Where a 1st Assistant is not assigned, have overall responsibility during own shift for work and construction crew under the direction of the Offshore Construction Manager
- Assist the 1st Assistant (or the Offshore Construction Manager where a 1st Assistant is not assigned to the vessel) with regard to interdisciplinary coordination of specific activities on board.
- Supervise a group of construction crew, directing foreman and / or supervisors, with regard to the various disciplines/categories of construction and assembly work, in order to comply with the quality and safety standard.
- Ensure that the 1st Assistant and the Offshore Construction Manager are kept fully informed of potential problems and construction status.
- Where required, liaise with Chief Mate, 2nd Engineer, Vessel Equipment Engineer and subcontractor's supervisors to ensure adequate coordination for the activities under own remit.
- Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Toolbox Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures
- Motivate construction crew/subcontractors with regards to health, safety and environment awareness.
- Ensure the compliance with the standards dictated by Saipem QHSE policies and safety procedures, in order to perform the activities in a safe manner.
- Report incidents and near-miss events ? Provide a construction report at the end of each shift.
- Assist the Vessel Field Engineer in the follow up of project equipment and consumable, operation and monitoring of the stinger and JLT.
- Ensure the rigging gear used is within date and properly marked.
- Report to the 1st Assistant or directly to the Offshore Construction Manager if the 1st Assistant Superintendent is not assigned to the vessel.
- Advanced English
- Experience as 2nd Assistant
- Offshore experience
Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients in STEM industries. We offer a turnkey workforce solution to acquire, mobilise and employ top talent in over 70 countries. With 800 employees in over 60 offices worldwide, 7,000 contractors and a candidate database of 1.5m specialists, our geographical reach and pool of available talent, experience and expertise is unmatched in the industry. We are proud to serve as a trusted advisor to clients looking to expand their operations internationally and offer employer of record services, payroll outsourcing, as well as HR consulting.