Location: Remote in Germany
Language: fluent in German and advanced English
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Rail; Pumps, Power Risers, Stressors, Rail Applications, Guided Systems, Cylinders, Business Development; Market Development; Customer Relations.
We are retained by a global leader in the rail industry. The company is pushing the industry forward with a wide range of advanced industrial tools and services that first and foremost ensure their customers operate safely and productively every day. Due to ambitious growth plans, they are searching for an enthusiastic Key Account Manager in the rail industry.
By reporting to the Director of the Rail Vertical, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for developing the Rail market vertical growth by building a strong customer base and converting the known potential into contracts all over European Markets.
- Relevant Technical Degree (BSc) or Commercial Degree
- Must have a technical affinity and understanding of industrial sales and have worked in Rail Business for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must have a strong knowledge of product, Market and have developed contacts in the Rail business.
- Must be confident in delivering and writing presentations to deliver to both external and internal customers.
- Able to work to deadlines; excellent organizational skills and can apply structured and methodic work style during increased pressure to act. Works well with minimal supervision, self-discipline, and motivation.
- English language skills both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); knowledge of a CRM package is beneficial.
- Must be willing to travel for at least 60% of their time within the allocated region, making effective customer visits.
- Entrepreneurial skills understand the fun and challenge of growing a company within a multinational environment and take it to the next level.
- Meet sales and margin goals of the financial Rail vertical market plan in the territory of responsibility.
- Generate customer requirements through sales visits and close customer contact, actively visit the larger end-user accounts and any prospect identified.
- Grow sales within existing Clients and generate additional sales growth/ profit through the identification and development of new Clients.
- Cooperate well with all local and regional colleagues to develop and implement global, regional, and local strategies within the region that will result in exceeding the annual financial targets.
- Prepare and manages professional quotations independently, take care of active follow-up on these, and to convert them into orders successfully.
- Liaise between Center of Excellence (CoE), Application Engineering and the Application Specialist to provide solutions/applications using standard and/or custom-designed products.
- Ensure the promotion of products and services by organizing technical presentations, demonstrations and training
- Travel within the region and elsewhere as required.
- Report regularly on opportunities, current quotation status and expected orders and use this information for a proper forecast.
- Lead and coordinate marketing activities such as VOC, exhibitions, market mapping etc...
- Report to the Commercial Management on relevant commercial activities within the territory, complaints, trends, competitive actions, and any recommendations to improve sales results and productivity.
- Ensure all HSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement.
- Always represent the Company in a professional manner, both internally and externally. Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses ensure that Health & Safety always comes first.
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org