Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for an Accounting Staff Analyst II to work on a 12-month contract in Houston, TX.
- Provides professional staff accounting service to the Controller's Division. May provide work direction to lower-level professional/clerical personnel. Conducts accounting studies; coordinates implementation of accounting program changes; develops and directs implementation of cost compliance procedures; monitors and evaluates effectiveness and adherence of accounting procedures and controls.
- May provide work direction to lower level professional and clerical personnel.
- Conducts and directs analytical, cost, and feasibility studies to identify the potential and the recommendations for more effective financial controls, cost reductions, better accountability and improved operations.
- Coordinates the implementation of approved accounting policy procedure program changes with involved units in the Controller's Division, with CCSD and with other departments as required.
- Revises applicable forms, manuals, reports and general instructions and provides necessary training.
- Prepares reports and presentations regarding Company income, capital expenditures, investment, operating costs and financial positions.
- Reviews drafts of contracts and agreements, recommends approval or modification to assure conformance to sound accounting and business principles and financial arrangements attractive to the Company.
- Formulates and updates operating, expenditure, and general ledger accounts, entry codes, and overhead allocations.
- Advises and assists Company management in developing and implementing the delegation of approval authorities.
- Reviews public accountants' reports and coordinates appropriate response.
- Coordinates the preparation of Controller's and U.S. Subsidiary Companies operating plan, manpower, and operating expense budgets and accountability reports.
- Designs accounting business systems for computerization and acts as project leader in the development of these systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics. MBA or CPA highly desirable.
- Seven (7) years diversified experience in corporate and/or public accounting with five years' experience directly related to area of specific job assignment desirable.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend English accurately, clearly and concisely at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Ability to prepare highly technical reports and memoranda; be able to make oral and visual presentations to all levels of management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of company's organization, policies and operations with special and extensive knowledge of ASC accounting system; basic knowledge of the company oil and worldwide support operations and U.S. Companies agreements preferred.
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette.