We are glad to be retained by a Japanese-founded renewable energy tech company that manufactures unique energy storage systems (BESS) for stationary applications. In 2022, the spinout from The University of Tokyo moved and opened an office in Manchester, UK to support net-zero targets. The company is looking for an ambitious Aggregation Manager (hybrid-working) to support work with large power consumers such as factories, hospitals, and data centres.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and a fast-moving team and make a big impact in the energy space.
The Aggregation Manager will be obtaining the necessary licenses and become a Virtual Lead Party (VLP) and Registered Service Provider (RSP). The goal is to participate in National Grid’s markets without an intermediary dynamic Containment and Balancing Markets
- Experience in the Power industry, ideally worked for resource aggregator
- Understanding processes of obtaining VLP and/or RSP license
- Understanding of technical and operational requirements to operate as VLP and RSP
- Understanding of the British energy market
- Familiar with software platforms to aggregate assets, ideally Zenon
- 3-5 years of resource aggregator relevant experience; or 8-10 years of experience in a relevant industry
- Fluency in German or Japanese is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% in England and sometimes Ireland
- Ability to self-start and thrive in a fast-moving environment and to be a team player
- Positive attitude for troubleshooting and timely resolution
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in an international team
- A natural excitement and enthusiasm for new technology and renewable power
The company is looking for motivated new personnel to join their team and support them with preparing operations and obtaining necessary licenses for participation in the aforementioned markets, i.e. becoming a Virtual Lead Party (VLP) and Registered Service Provider (RSP). Candidates need to have experience in setting up and running such operations.
What we offer
- Competitive package, depending on experience
- Flexibility in work hours
- Work in an international environment
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, email@example.com