This professional will be responsible for the execution of the sales strategy for the company’s hydrogen valves globally. The Applications Specialist will drive orders and profitable growth by providing technical expertise to support Inside and Outside Sales in liquid cryogenic applications. They will identify distinct competitive advantages vs. competitors and provide training and education to the sales teams and customers while assisting sales in targeting opportunities and winning orders.
Unique Selling Points:
- Career Growth.
- Existing team that can help assimilate the successful incumbent into the company’s way of doing things.
- Brand new product line being developed within the business.
- Opportunity to be a part of ground up development within an innovative organization.
- Critical role with visibility to the leadership.
- Strategic initiative.
- Opportunity to interface with customers.
- High profile work.
- Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or other Manufacturing/Operations or Technical degree.
- At least 2 years' experience in technical quotations or product support.
- Direct experience working with customers.
- Ability to fluently communicate orally and in writing in English including technical and business understanding.
- Rapid learning and Strong Analytical Skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence customers.
- Responsible for the execution of the sales strategy for the company’s Vacuum Jacketed Pipe globally.
- The Applications Specialist drives orders and profitable growth by providing technical expertise to support Inside and Outside Sales in liquid cryogenic applications.
- Identifies distinct competitive advantages vs. competitors and provides training and education to the sales teams and customers while assisting sales in targeting opportunities and winning orders.
- Conducts voice of the customer research to ensure successful launch of new products.
- Design vacuum jacketed piping system P&IDs for cryogenic applications and for specific customer configurations.
- Trains customers & internal teams on piping system layouts and products.
- Provides support to BLM to perform competitive benchmarking.
- Develop technical analysis of products and applications (ours versus competitors).
- Plays an active role in the new product development process, assisting business managers in identifying and researching new product ideas which support existing applications and improve our value proposition or technical advantage.
- Execute the launch strategy for new product development and assists business managers through launch preparation.
- Leads the initiative to certify the products to approved manufacturers list (AML) and customer specifications.
- Develops materials for and conducts sales training which highlight product features/benefits and differentiated technical advantages.
- Conducts customer symposiums to share data and promote our products.
- Monitors competitor technical changes in offering - current and new product initiatives.
- Provides resources to assist the BLM to develop demand forecasts and improve business models.