The business has recently formed a JV with and received significant investments from a major firm within the sector, and is partnering with majors within the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries, developing both technology and transformative and integrated solutions for the commercialization of sustainable, infrastructure-scale technologies that include clean hydrogen and ammonia, zero-emissions power cycles, direct air capture, retrofit carbon capture, sour gas sweetening, clean ethylene, and other advanced clean energy systems
The business is now seeking an Associate Project Development Director. Reporting to the Project Director, the Associate Project Development Director will coordinate and drive early pre-FEED project development activities, with the goal of getting projects through the Final Investment Decision stage. The Associate Project Development Director will focus specifically on cost analysis, project feasibility and developing the project business cases, subsequently preparing presentations for potential investors and company stakeholders. To be successful in this role, the Associate Project Development Director will need to possess a thorough knowledge of the interdependence of commercial, technical, permitting, operational, finance and/or risk related aspects of project development, commercial contracting structures and negotiations in the power and energy industries. Projects being developed by the company typically represent capital investments ranging from $500 million to over $1 billion and will utilize a project finance structure.
- Provide clear, unambiguous direction to the Project team in order to progress projects to a final investment decision by outlining & prioritizing key work streams, leading all necessary internal & external stage gates in the process
- Review, negotiate and analyze material project documents including power, steam, hydrogen, ammonia, urea supply/purchase agreements; gas, oxygen supply/purchase agreements; CO2 transport and storage agreements, joint venture agreements; engineering, procurement, and construction contract, and/or other commercial contracts necessary for project financing.
- Coordinate with the Owner’s Engineer and EPC contractor on development deliverables and construction timelines, and other internal project commercial and technical managers and staff.
- Oversee local, state and federal environmental permitting processes and coordinate with outside consultants as needed.
- Facilitate contracting for development activities such as preliminary geotechnical, OSBL scope, water supply, generator interconnection and other transport/logistical agreements.
- Manage project budget(s) and expenditure authorizations.
- Direct project development activities such as tracking deliverables, risk management, project schedule management and reporting requirements.
- Lead and facilitate the relationship with landowners, local, environmental groups and other external stakeholders.
- Prepare and present written detailed analyses, provide recommendations and reports for the project team and to senior management, JV partners and outside investors.
- Act as a clearinghouse for development-related questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate economic projections and competitive assessments.
- Support the development and vetting of financial and decision models.
- Obtain internal approvals as needed.
- Participate in project handover to Asset Management
- Assist in monitoring, evaluating and optimizing the development pipeline with business development.
- Assist in assessing new development opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for project finance and sell-down activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Law, Finance or related
- Prior energy or utilities sector experience with progressive project management success
- Early project feasibility and development experience, with specific experience and understandings of regulatory requirements, permitting, site analysis, utilities and materials costs, subcontractors and the RFP process.
- Prior understanding or background within Procurement and Supply Chain
- Strong commercial background with ability to lead negotiations, as well as work successfully in a team
- Clear and concise communications skills.
- Understanding of economic and financial modeling
- Fluency or understanding of Korean
For more information, please contact Rebecca Houghton on email@example.com