Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking an Automation Technician to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX for a 12-month assignment.
Summary: An Automation Technician is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of instrumentation and automation systems in Oil and Gas Fields.
· Troubleshoot all plant and Compressor Station Instrumentation
· Troubleshoot Control and Electrical systems. (PLCs, transmitters, control wiring)
· Troubleshoot control networks for Well Pads, Tank Battery, Oil Central Delivery Points, Salt Water Disposal and Compressor Stations. ( ControlNet, Ethernet I/P, Network Switches, fiber optics)
· Works Safely around instrumentation and electrical systems
· Work 5 days a week Monday thru Friday with times being on call
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IC&E Technician or an Associate’s Degree in Instrumentation, Controls or Electrical Systems
· Understand the Process of Oil Field Delivery Systems from Well Pad to Tank Battery to Central Delivery
· Points, and Salt Water Disposal Systems
· PLC proficiency; including ladder logic
· Allen Bradley experiences a plus
· Experience with Rosemount Transmitters and Hart protocol a plus Knowledge of control valves and positioners; Fisher DVC knowledge a plus Knowledge of control loops
· Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel