Kermit, Texas, United States
Oil & Gas - Midstream
November 29, 2022
Our major client in the Oil & Gas is looking for an Automation Technician ll to work on a 6-month contract in their facilities located in Kermit, TX.
Responsibilities & duties:
• Responsible for the successful design and function testing of automation equipment to be deployed across Operations’ functional teams.
• Interfaces with the extended BU team – Operations & Maintenance, Discipline, Project and Production Engineering, Pipeline, Measurement and supporting the Optimization Team to develop the most appropriate application, engineering design, and support of automation.
• Develops automation solutions to enhance surveillance and optimization efforts.
• Provides technical and defect elimination support for the current automation fleet.
• Develops and implements automation strategies for plunger lift, rod pump, and compression well types.
• Provides support for programs in use by various functions for optimization and well site surveillance purposes (PLOT, XSPOC, etc.).
• Supports Artificial Lift and other functions (I&E, DE, etc.) as necessary with day-to-day tasks.
• Provides a forward-looking perspective to support development of an automation strategy considering the current state as well as any expected modifications that may be required.
• Develops and implements artificial lift and compression control strategies as needed through alternative programming and controller logic avenues.
• Develops solutions for automation equipment reaching end of life status.
• Oversees, monitors, witnesses, and checks out: SCADA installation, Hook-Up, Programming, acceptance checks of Contractor's installation of Capital Project scope of work.
• Provides Safety Leadership in the field, provides coordinated & support efforts for-to the construction I&E Supervisor/I&E Lead/Commissioning Lead.
• Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
• Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
• General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
• Performs routine tasks.
• Able to solve problems and make basic decision