Our client, an Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Buyer (Intermediate or Senior) to work a 6-month contract close to Edmonton, AB.
- Issue requests for RFQ/RFP and select best source consistent with cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Preparation of Purchase Orders by verifying Purchase Requisitions, specifications, and price; obtaining recommendations for Suppliers and obtaining the requisite approvals
- Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications
- Plan and organize purchasing activities assigned by the team
- 5-10 years of Supply Chain Management experience, including experience with multiple ERP, or Inventory Management systems
- Experience with Supplier relationship management and negotiations.
- Completion or enrollment in SCMP program is a plus