One of our major clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a buyer to work within their facilities in Joffre, AB, on a one-year contract.
This role will support our operations in Alberta, Ontario and Louisiana. The environment is fast-paced and high-volume.
You Will Use Your Expertise To:
- Manage daily transactional activities following the procurement operations process in accordance with the risk, spend and scope of work complexity.
- Execute high volume companywide purchase requisitions - verify purchase requisitions for accuracy, completion, required approvals, supplier qualification and contract compliance in order to create purchase orders within established guidelines/timelines and to ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand and apply requirements that meet company interests and protect through compliance and risk mitigation.
- Provide inputs to the Technical Procurement reports for distribution to our stakeholders.
- Record material source and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Receive and review order acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Interface with accounts payable with invoice issues related to purchase order discrepancies and capture of early payment discounts.
- Interface with receiving and stakeholders to resolve blocked good receipts.
- Perform follow-up with suppliers to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Interface with expediting to validate delivery dates, order accuracy, ship method, and payment terms.
- Maintain information on supplier performance indicators, such as on time delivery, quality and other Purchase Order (PO) requirements.
- Identify cost improvement opportunities for assessment and achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately to mitigate business risk.
- Effectively engage, consult and collaborate with other service groups including but not limited to Stores, Expediting, Logistics, Legal, Tax, and Risk, as required.
- Apply Technical Procurement best practices and participate in the standardization of business processes.
What We Are Looking For:
- A University degree, college diploma and/or Professional Designation, with a minimum of 1-3 years related experience and a progressive record of professional development OR a minimum of 5-7 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Pursuing a Professional Designation is an asset.
- An understanding of local/regional laws as may be applicable for both domestic and international purchase
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships with key stakeholders under challenging deadlines and/or market conditions
- Ability to persuade and educate stakeholders such that they gain a full appreciation for the various procurement risks and realistic service levels and associated cost.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and resulresults-orientedd interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of eProcurement and eCatalog management systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Source-to-pay/Procure to pay tools (e.g., SAP MM, Ariba).
You Can Stand Out If:
- You are passionate about your work and put care and thought into all that you do.
- You are responsible and follow through with your commitments to others and to safety.
- You are innovative and are willing to challenge your biases when problem-solving.
- You are collaborative, inclusive, and work well with others towards team goals.