Are you a skilled developer looking for an exciting part-time opportunity to make a meaningful impact? We have just the role for you! Join our team as a Part-Time Software Engineer and play a crucial role in ensuring the efficiency, security, and performance of our software system.
Position: Part-Time Software Engineer
Location: Remote (US-based, Texas preferred)
Hours: 20 hours per week
What You'll Do:
As a Part-Time Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for coding and enhancing our software system, fixing any glitches that arise, and boosting overall performance. Your key tasks will involve providing technical support, implementing updates, and collaborating with the DevOpSec team to address security concerns. This position is particularly vital as the system contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Write secure and efficient code to maintain and enhance our software system.
- Troubleshoot and fix any system issues, running diagnostics tests as needed.
- Collaborate with the DevOpSec team to address security vulnerabilities promptly.
- Enhance system interfaces to improve user experience.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve user inquiries.
- Develop new programs to expand system functionalities.
- Collaborate in the installation of software updates.
Why You'll Love This Job:
This is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to be a crucial part of a forward-thinking team. As a Part-Time Software Engineer, you'll enjoy:
- Flexibility: Most of the work can be done at your pace, allowing you to balance your personal and professional commitments.
- Remote Work: Join our team from anywhere in the US, enjoying the comfort of your home office.
- Professional Growth: Work alongside experienced professionals and gain insights into Agile and Scrum development practices.
- Impact: Your work will directly contribute to the system's functionality and security, making a real difference.
- Variety: Engage in diverse tasks, from coding to diagnostics, ensuring that no two days are the same.
- Experience: You should have at least 7+ years of application development experience, demonstrating your proficiency in creating reliable software solutions.
- Skills: You're well-versed in C#, MVC 4, ASP.NET, Telerik, jQuery, MS SQL Server, and SSRS.
- Preferred Skills: Familiarity with Scrum and Agile development methodologies is a plus.
Interviews are being conducted immediately so feel free to apply or contact Hugo Dopheide at firstname.lastname@example.org