- Creates and maintains drawings from field sketches and engineering redlines, using CAD software.
- This position is within the Technical Department and reports to the Designs Drafting Team Lead.
- Provide drafting support for the routine daily operation of process units within the refinery, including Capital Projects and Turnarounds.
- Accountable for delivery, maintaining production levels, consistency and overall quality of work.
- Engage constructively with team by applying skills and knowledge, raising team competency and improving shared work processes and products.
- Effectively collaborate with Drafting Team members, Designs, Process & Project Engineers, in addition to the Operations and Maintenance groups.
- Independently follow pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, with minimal instruction from supervisor.
- Collect field data by means of sketches, notes and field measurements.
- Ability to generate accurate P&ID’s, PFD’s, inspection isometrics, plot plans, electrical one-line and instrument loop diagrams from field sketches, notes or marked-up drawings in accordance with company standards.
- 0-3 years of CAD experience.
- College background without or limited CAD Operator experience.
- Ability to manage time and resources to consistently meet required deadlines without significant oversight.
- Perform field walks for the purposes of data gathering that can include, but not limited to walking long distances, climbing ladders, bending and lifting light loads.
- Ability to learn, operate and troubleshoot new technologies.