Our client is looking for an AutoCAD Drafter to work on a 1 year contract (potential for extension), in Baytown, TX.
Daily hours: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The main function of a CAD Operator is to prepare detailed working diagrams of mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Make field visits to confirm measurements
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical and electrical equipment, instrumentation, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or equipment using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and equipment
- 2-4 years of experience required - with AutoCAD and CADWorx preferred
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer application, such as CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting)
- High school diploma or GED required
- In person interviews - 1 round