Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Category Manager to join them in Farnborough on a 6-month contract.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Market expertise/awareness in: Nuclear, Defence, UK Government, Middle East etc
- Category expertise: Engineering, Construction, Technology, Property, FM, IT, Digital, Professional Services, Corporate Services, HR Services, etc
- Bid Writing: Ability to draft and deliver compelling supply chain bid writing responses
- Partnering: Comfortable supporting Teaming and Partnering arrangements within bids
- Market Engagement: leading on Bidder Days, targeted SME engagements to bring innovation to our bids
- Value Focus: Cost out of bids and value add focus
- Global Leverage: Using company’s global buying power to bring VfM into bids.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience within any of the following spend categories: Human Resources (HR), Corporate Services, Property & FM Services, Professional Services, or Information Technology (IT)
- Experience of category management including evidence of category strategy formulation and executing category strategy including leading sourcing projects.
- Proven ability to follow a defined strategic sourcing and procurement process and report progress.
- Proven ability to write a strategic procurement and sourcing plan and report progress.
- Proven ability to research the market and sourcing of potential suppliers, leading to the end-to-end strategic sourcing process.
- Ability to perform market analysis including commercial & financial viability of suppliers plus assessment of their performance and resource capabilities.
- Proven skills at eliciting requirements/scope of work and business process mapping.
- Able to draft commercial documents, ITT document/templates and tender packs to support strategic sourcing activity.
- Strong understanding of contractual/legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to maintain on-going relationships with suppliers including performance management of said suppliers.