Tucson , Arizona, United States
Process - Life Science
June 16, 2023
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Plant Technician to work on their facilities in Tucson, Arizona for a 6-month contract (subject to extension)
Central Plant Technician
The Plant Technician will monitor and operate via building automation system (Metasys) and manually all chilled water loop systems utilizing centrifugal chillers, double suction and inline pumps, heat exchangers, boilers, and cooling towers to ensure continued operation of greenhouse activities.
Local Key Tasks:
• Operates, repairs, troubleshoots, and maintains all physical plant equipment in compliance with all manufacturer and department policies and procedures.
• Comply with all applicable safety, federal, state and local regulations.
• Record mechanical equipment readings and ensure accuracy of records kept.
• Uses expertise to monitor control panels and panel boards and adjust controls, valves and pumps manually or by building automation system to regulate flow, pressure levels and distribution.
• Assist in performance of routine, unscheduled, and preventative maintenance and modification jobs on all site utility systems.
• Notifies facility manager in the event of equipment malfunction, chiller/boiler casualty, or any other unforeseen event that negatively impact the operation of the plant or the greenhouse environment.
• Assist in troubleshooting, including basic electrical or instrumentation troubleshooting of equipment that is not performing to standards and makes the necessary repairs to get optimum performance from the equipment.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule that could include: nights, weekends, holidays, and on call duties. - Will be working at least one weekend day per week; Sunday - Wednesday or Thursday - Saturday (Four 10 hour shifts); potential for emergency calls once up in running in the role
• Performs shift turn over as required and other duties as assigned
• HS Diploma/GED
• 1-3 years of relevant experience (Central plant operating experience); Johnson Controls (Metasys) experience is a plus.
• Experience R/R pump mechanical seals
• Diagnose Motor Drives (VFD)
• Experience with ground water wells
• Water treatment testing/tuning