Civil Designer (Road Design) – Brisbane, QLDAirswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking a Civil Designer to work on a 6-month assignment in Brisbane, QLD with a Infrastructure Company.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the investigation, planning, design and documentation of urban transportation infrastructure projects; and undertaking assigned tasks exercising initiative and judgement.
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agreed performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential within Client Company.
- Assist in the investigation, design and documentation of transport infrastructure projects to road and traffic customers.
- Contribute to project delivery by preparing moderately complex designs and drawings for roadworks, bikeways, drainage, and signs and pavement markings.
- Apply relevant design guidelines and legislation requirements to ensure work complies with community standards, meets legal obligations, and is consistent with Client Company policies.
- Prepare schedules of quantities, estimates and construction documentation.
- Conduct site inspections to obtain field measurements, make relevant observations to advise customers on technical matters.
- Manage personal time, priorities and workload to ensure work is completed on time as agreed with supervisor.
- Preferably 2 years+ experience.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification, or demonstration of equivalent skill and knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience/exposure to the use of 12D AutoCAD and/or other CAD systems.
- Demonstrated experience in designing civil infrastructure projects including traffic control devices, and ability to investigate and advise on technical issues.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org