Location: Asnières sur Seine, France
Department: Product R&D & Technology
Manager: Product R&D & Technology Director
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- Under the responsibility of the Product R&D & Technology Director, the Commissioning Specialist is in charge of starting up the furnace. He/she commissions the installations at the customer's site. He/she participates in the definition of the PI&D principles in agreement with the Fluids Engineer. He/she draws up the documents required to monitor commissioning and the development of internal procedures.
- Within the framework of his or her missions, he or she may be required to start up the installations of sister companies of the group (integration within a pool).
The assignment includes the following activities:
- On-site commissioning of installations: I/O testing, individual testing, cold functional testing, drying, hot functional testing, removal of reservations, performance testing. This activity is a priority and an essential mission of the position. It implies being able to manage the commissioning team, and to represent the company in front of the customer and partners
- Reception of utilities and piping, validation of the assembly and settings of the instrumentation
- Progress reports during commissioning missions
- Definition of the P&ID principles in collaboration with the Fluid Engineer, and in accordance with
the contract and the expected performances
- Definition or improvement of internal commissioning procedures
- Missions of expertise and technical assistance, related to control and process
- Support to sales teams. Writing of technical specifications, participation in meetings with the customer.
In addition to the implementation of standard principles, he/she is a source of proposals for innovation and improvement. He/she participates in the development of processes resulting from R&D and in cost reduction actions.
He/she must also acquire sufficient versatility within the Instrumentation and Automation department in order to be able to replace one of his/her colleagues in the event of heavy activity: P&ID tracing, engine lists, instrument lists, specification of fluid materials and instruments, etc...
He participates in internal coordination meetings with suppliers and the customer.
The mission is carried out partly in the company's office in Asnières sur Seine and partly on the customer's site within the framework of long-term missions (several months). The missions at the customer's site are subject to secondment agreements according to the conditions applied in the company
- Knowledge of annealing furnace processes for continuous annealing lines and galvanizing lines
- Knowledge of combustion, heat transfer, atmosphere gases
- Knowledge of control functions: interlocks, sequences, control loops, HMI, etc.
- Knowledge of electricity, instrumentation, regulation and automation
- Knowledge of fluid equipment and instruments
- Ability to diagnose failures and repair breakdowns
- Writing skills (especially in English)
- Relational skills, ability to work in a team
- Rigor, organization and method
- Reactivity, involvement, initiative, autonomy, strength of proposal
- Training/education: postgraduate 2 years level Instrumentation, electricity, control function, automation
- Demonstrated similar experience: in industrial commissioning
- Experience of 10 years un a process or electricity/automation engineering department
- Proficiency in English