Our major client in Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Compressor Operator to work within their facilities located in Jal, NM for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
- Moves controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Monitors meters, gauges, and recording instrument charts to ensure specified temperature, pressure, and flow of gas through system.
- Operates equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines.
- Observes operation of equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Conducts chemical tests to evaluate quality of gas.
- Performs minor repairs on equipment, using hand tools.
- Operates or tends equipment to purify gases.
- Records instrument readings and operational changes in operating log.
- High school diploma or equivalent/ Vocational or equivalent training in general machinery operation or equipment usage, oil and gas production, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience with compressor operations
Work Schedule: 10 days on/ 4 days off