One of our top tier EPCM clients is seeking a Mechanical Construction Field Engineer to join their team on a 12-month initial contract, working a FIFO 2/1 roster.
For this role, you will have a Mechanical engineering degree and be familiar with the technical aspects of construction machines, equipment, and technology used in different field projects.
The role will be working on a major underground Gold Mining operation to inspect construction infrastructure and conduct research on site in order to solve problems quickly. Underground mining experience is essential for this role.
Location - FIFO, WA
Duration - 12-month initial contract
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
- Conduct inspections, investigations, research and studies on site
- Manage field activities and implement on-site engineering solutions
- Diagnose construction or machinery problems
- Resolve malfunctions or other crises when they arise
- Oversee construction and technical improvements
- Install relevant control systems and technologies to manage construction
- Inspect and test material and machinery for safety
- Ensure proper maintenance of onsite equipment
- Supervise and direct onsite crews (e.g. technicians)
- Draft and submit reports
- Previous experience as a Field Engineer or similar role
- Well-versed in technical aspects of field projects, including machinery and equipment
- Understanding of safety guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- An analytical mind and strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in adverse weather and occasional overtime and weekends
- Underground mine construction experience
- Shaft Sinking, equipping and hoisting/winder experience is an added advantage
- A recognized Mechanical Engineering Degree
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org