Location: Dunkerque, France (site based role)
Contract duration: initial renewable 12-18 months contract, expected 2-3 years of duration
Contract type: daily rate (all-inclusive)
Start Date: ASAP
Project: biopharmaceutical expansion project
As one of the world’s leading and most forward-thinking BioPharmaceutical companies, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in France and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023.
We have an opportunity for a Construction Supervisor to join our team based at our Dunkerque manufacturing facility. This will be a site-based role, in Dunkerque, France; where the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12-18 month contract, with the potential for further work ahead, up to 3 years in duration.
Our Dunkerque manufacturing facility is a world-class site for the production of inhaled devices. Here, there are about 450 people, producing dry powder and aerosol drugs in the field of respiratory diseases for patients across the globe. This is your chance to get involved in a truly exciting mission – to ensure our products are in the hands of patients that need them, as quickly as possible.
Under the authority of the Industrial Project Manager, the Construction Supervisor is primarily accountable for the organisation of a construction site and supervising the construction work on the phase of the project.
- Provides leadership and direction to the site construction team
- Ensure that the site construction team prioritise safety and leads by example as a safety role model
- Manage all construction contractor activities
- Manage preparation of the construction site
- Manages contractors scope of work through proper identification and management of activities
- Manage cross site support services including scaffolding, lifting and handling
- Manage contractor activities to ensure timely availability of PTW certification
- Ensures that the site team are sufficiently resourced to provide safe coordination across the site
- Prepares daily and weekly reports to cover all of the site activities
- Ensures the construction team supervise contractor activities
Skills / Experiences required:
- Must have construction project management skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of major experience in construction supervision and site management roles
- Fluent in English, with additional French preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with creative solution and problem solving skills
- You are rigorous, autonomous, like teamwork and have the ability to adapt.
- Experience of Pharma, Manufacturing, Chemicals plant expansion project, including the installation of new production lines, would be beneficial.