Airswift would like to invite experienced contracts professionals to consider a key role in the project team in the oil and gas sector. The main objective is to provide contractual and commercial guidance to the project team.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Support line management with responsibility for organising and maintaining logs and files (both in terms of a central database and hard copy filing systems) in a systematic manner to allow for easy access.
- Post client contract award, preparation of prequalification and RFQs for low risk and/or small-size contracts, independently.
- Lead negotiations and manage low risk contracts. Exposure to negotiations and drafting of medium risk contracts. Drafting of internal approval sheet and obtaining the various levels of approval for all contracts.
- Post award subcontract management, drafting and/or review and approval of subcontract notices, amendments, change requests and change orders formalization of subcontract closeout.
- Establish high quality cooperation and team work. Contribute to a positive work environment. Embraces diversity. Takes the opportunity to build diverse teams and values their varied approaches to work. Collaborates with others to achieve tasks and goals that benefit the organisation. Fosters cooperation and transparency across teams, functions, entities, countries and regions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Law or quantity surveying / Master’s qualification in a relevant subject such as construction law, business administration or economics will be of value. Law and contract law as part of academic studies is preferred.
- 7 years relevant experience preferably with construction contracts experience in the upstream oil and gas sector working for owner and contractor organisations in a project delivery environment.
- Possess legal and contractual knowledge
- Capable of contracts and associated risk allocation; methods of reimbursement
- MRICS, MCIArb, SCL is an advantage
- Able to draft clear and concise correspondence. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of comprehension in order to understand and interpret contractual language coupled with an ability to formulate arguments that support the contractual interpretation sought by the company.