The Corporate and Projects HSE Manager is required to ensure that Safety, Health & Environment aspects are properly managed and controlled at corporate and projects levels.
The HSE Manager will report hierarchically to the Project Director located in Houston and functionally to the QHSE Director located in the headquarters (France).
The position will be located in Houston with frequent travels on sites / suppliers.
- Contribute to the HSE strategy and promote HSE culture
- Ensure that requirements from the ISO 45001: 2018 is implemented and propose actions to improve our management system
- Ensure that local regulation is known and implemented
- Issue HSE corporate documentation
- Organize HSE induction for all new employees
- Perform HSE corporate audits, and qualification audits when required by the Supply Chain Manager
- Promote project HSE culture, provide assistance and guidance to the project
- Acts as the point of contact for all incidents and potential emergencies within the projects
- Issue project HSE documentation, and ensure HSE induction to the project team
- Define specific HSE trainings
- Ensure managements of change include HSE
- Participate to internal and external meeting for all HSE subjects
- Define and issue HSE leading and lagging indicators, and propose actions of improvement
- Define the planning of HSE projects audits
- Conduct the audit in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that resultant actions are documented and close-out
- Define the planning of HSE management visit
- Manage HSE observations / investigations
- Define and implement the management system for HSE observations
- Analyze all near-misses HIPO, LTI and fatalities and issue the investigation report
- Review internal safety instruction
- Ensure that suppliers HSE management systems are monitored / audited
- Review HSE documentation issued by our suppliers
- Ensure that projects and local requirements are well known by the supervisors, and by operators
- Ensure that the culture of safety is implemented through:
- Toolbox talks
- Safety visits, Site management safety walks
- Safety observations system in place
- Culture of risks with the Safety and Working Instruction, “Stop and Go”
- Professionally qualified, minimum NEBOSH Professional Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years experience in HSE, including 5 years in a management position
- Knowledge in HSE Management System (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001), Project HSE Management, Risk Assessment Principles, Incident Investigation, Emergency Response Management, Behaviour Based Safety, Environmental Risk Management and all other HSE Subject Matters.
- Experience of the oil & gas related industry, including holding a management position with both strategic and line management responsibility.
- Visionary attributes to deliver strategic change.
- IT proficient across the MS Office suite, including the delivery of reports and presentations.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains significant collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate/influence others to achieve required outcomes
- Pro-active planning and organising skills
- Committed to continuous business improvement