Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
Budget / Cost Control
July 18, 2023
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company located in Anchorage is looking for a Cost Controller II to be a part of one of their new major projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage invoices received and service entries and routed through the SAP payment processes, audit and verify invoices, including verifying invoice details, approval signatures, and appropriate cost codes.
- Route invoices to the appropriate invoice reviewer or approver, as needed.
- Assist invoice reviewers/approvers with invoice processing issues.
- Effectively communicate with Business Partners, Supply Chain Professionals & Suppliers in the areas of POs, OLAs, invoice processing, eCommerce enablement, vendor master, master data, etc. (Invoice Specialist does)
- Develop a working knowledge of agreements and contracts, as well as provide rate validation for them.
- Complete invoice reconciliation audits with vendors as assigned.
- Complete rejection and resubmission monitoring; provide guidance to vendors where required.
- Address general vendor and internal queries.
- Monitor invoices in header error.
- If requested, train the team and new employees on the process.
- Provide Client error resolution on invoices.
- Lead internal training sessions for invoice reviewers and approvers.
- Complete daily monitoring of unapproved invoice due dates; follow up with reviewers and approvers to ensure on-time payments.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Address special projects as requested or
- Monitor Company’s eInvoicing and Actian enablement on new vendors setup.
- Effectively communicate instructions to vendors on new electronic enablement process.
- Resolve GR/IR, PO’s, ERS, and Invoicing Plan and Invoice payment status inquiries.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a client focus, team environment.
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- SAP experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience related to Accounts Payable, Contracts, Finance, or related field.
- Excel spreadsheet intermediate to advanced.