Cultural Heritage Coordinator – Brisbane
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Cultural Heritage Coordinator to work on 6-months contract assignment and ongoing in Brisbane, QLD with our client that specialized in Energy industry.
- Working within the Indigenous Participation and Cultural Heritage function, this role will manage all aspects of Cultural Heritage management and related stakeholder engagement required for projects & operations, as allocated by group.
- The scope includes the management of both Indigenous and non-Indigenous cultural heritage.
- Working with the Cultural Heritage Lead, this role will assist in developing strategies which either support the management and mitigation of issues, opportunities and risks, or address contractual commitments with Traditional Owner Groups and their entities.
- Safely and efficiently deliver Cultural Heritage commitments as defined within the Cultural Heritage agreements and related requirements within the Indigenous Land Use Agreements.
- Develop and maintain relevant procedures and systems; and review CH Agreements as required.
- Act as company’s representative on field surveys and supervise field crews as required
- Working with the Cultural Heritage Lead, support compliance with all aspects of agreements, including coordination of third-party resourcing, logistics, and correspondence between clients, contractors, and Aboriginal parties.
- Coordinate the implementation of company’s Cultural Heritage agreements and related requirements within the Indigenous Land Use Agreements, including participating in, running and coordinating Committees, design and implementation of plans and actions.
- Maintain highly effective stakeholder relations for Cultural Heritage delivery; including Traditional Owners, Services Providers, Government departments and internal business partners.
- Support engagement with Traditional Owner Groups as appropriate to report on cultural heritage requirements and outcomes.
- Recommend and implement improvements to Cultural Heritage management practices for efficient delivery of agreements
- Tracking compliance against agreements and ensuring delivery of projects and implementation of agreements are compliant with agreements.
- Reporting on ILUA delivery
Skills & Requirements:
- Safety leadership and supervisory experience
- Tertiary qualifications in archaeology or related fields are desirable
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements with respect to Indigenous Cultural Heritage (ACHA) in Queensland, applied to coal seam gas industry.
- Working knowledge of Native Title legislation
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills
- A record of successful engagement with Indigenous communities regarding Cultural Heritage processes and agreements
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels and capacity and manage conflict.
- Experience leading implementation of Cultural Heritage Agreements (can work autonomously).
- Budget and Project Management experience
- Experienced contracts manager, including management of staff and contractors in the field at multiple locations.
- Exemplary safety record. Proven ability to review, improve and update processes and systems to adapt with changing requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional Job Details:
- Roster: 5/2 Location : Brisbane, QLD. Some site-based work (Chinchilla, Surat, Roma) may be required.