Our client is looking for a Customer Service Representative to work with them in Houston, TX on a long term assignment on a 5/40 work schedule.
Carry out order processing and keep daily contact with customers. To provide and process information in response to enquiries and requests about products and services.
A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a customer service & logistics representative; sales assistant; logistics clerk or from a technical service focused role, ideally from a multi-national company, and possibly a company producing, distributing or transforming raw materials.
Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is a requirement.
- Upload and check customer orders with reference to all conditions, price, credit limit if existing; upload full instructions for the shipment, and prepare directly or ensure that all other necessary documents are available
- maintain a proper communication with customers for any request or issue concerning the orders; respond promptly to customer enquiries, including enquiries on pricing
- check product availability for the required dates
- organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
- send to customers order confirmation, shipping documents if required, and provide delivery information, keeping customers informed about variations
- follow the status of the order: material preparation, booking reservation
- handle and resolve customer complaints or when appropriate involve other competent departments for the management of claims
- follow up on the invoicing process
- credit and debit note requests
- keep records of customer interactions and transactions, record details of enquiries, comments and complaints
- carry out pertinent activities to keep Master Data updated in the sap system, set up new customer accounts and manage customer accounts
Customer Service and/or logistics principles and practices; some knowledge of administrative procedures; knowledge of chemicals and/or oil & gas industry is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites; working knowledge of SAP system. Familiarity with (CRM) Customer Relationship Management software is highly desirable.
Flexibility, resilience, problem solving and analysis; ability to work both independently and as a member of the team. Attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and listening skills, as well as very good verbal and written communication skills
10% travel may be required.