Airswift has been tasked by one of our major petrochemical clients to seek a DCS Project Engineer to join their team in Lima, OH on a 6 to a 12-month assignment.
- Assist with P&ID and control scheme development.
- Attend HAZOP, initial collection of alarm data and consequences for not responding to alarms
- Work on design of the more complex control strategies, keeping them similar to other strategies in the facility for ease of operator understanding and maintenance.
- Identify any DCS infrastructure modifications/additions to support project.
- Participate in design of any infrastructure modifications/additions.
- Assign tag numbers and DCS I/O.
- Identify any additional hardware and/or software licensing needs.
- Develop DCS Tag Database from Instrument Index to be provided to L&A for DCS Configuration and Operator Graphics development.
- Work with L&A to develop new and modified operator graphics.
- Work with L&A to develop, integrate, manage and implement various DCS databases: Points, alarms, assets, SCADA (data from PLCs and SIS systems), alarm groups, operator menus, PHD (PI data).
- Participate in alarm rationalization.
- Attend FATs and SATs.
- Assist with operator training documentation.
- Loop Check
- Start-up support.
- System clean-up post-project.
- As-built documentation.
- Refining process knowledge.
- Understanding of PSM processes.
- Knowledge of Honeywell DCS systems, software and infrastructure.
- Process Controls experience.
- Familiarity with Honeywell PHD and OSI Soft PI
- 5+ years of experience with Honeywell, as well as refinery experience
- Per diem offered for non-local candidates.