Design Engineering Manager
Location: Preston, United Kingdom
Salary / Package: Competitive
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Maria Sant’Anna
Key words: Design, Engineering, Production, Management, Maintenance, Engineering Design, Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, Pressure Vessels, Hyperbaric chambers, Saturation diving systems, Hot water machines, Diver launch, Recovery systems Safety Management, BS 5500, BS EN 14931, BS EN 13485, ASME Pressure Vessel Design requirements, Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D, Product Innovation and Development, Project Design, Sales Design.
We are one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of commercial diving equipment. Proud of our hard work and team focused environment, our company offers great opportunities in a market with a huge growth atmosphere. We utilize the utmost technology to supply with the most effective diving solutions for several markets.
We are now looking to hire a Design Engineering Manager to lead the design team, to ensure technical compliancy and provide new product innovation and development. The person will also deal with product requirements and will design change control, as well as having an innovative eye turned to technological advancements and product updates. The ideal candidate must have great communication and leadership skills, paired with great design and innovation mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design team, ensuring technical compliancy and providing training and development.
- Assess talent needs, build a winning team based on own experience.
- Push boundaries and find innovative solutions setting up optimized manufacturing and assembly concepts.
- Assure constant product updates, as well as guaranteeing technological advancements within the designs and manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support to the clients and integrate business with sales design.
- Act as an agent of integration between the internal and subcontracted manufacturing teams.
- Control and keep the designs up to date, crafting design changes and assisting with design quality control.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in the Marine, Offshore or Subsea industry.
- Significant experience in the design and development of products from conception through to completion (preferably within the Marine Sub Sea industry).
- Extensive knowledge of working with Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience with Bill of Materials (B.O.M’s). development, sourcing and creation.
- Strong knowledge of pressure, air, hydraulic, instrumentation, material process, fabrication, welding, sheet metal and material properties, pressure vessel standards and IACS standards.
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
- Full, Clean UK Diving Licence