Airswift is currently seeking multiple Diamond Drillers to work on 6-8 months assignments in Prince George, BC.
Available for candidates residents of Peru, Colombia and Chile.
The ideal candidates know the processes involved in successfully completing a hole. With this knowledge they are able to alter the drilling method to suit each particular application and challenges. An experienced Driller uses several senses and skills to keep track of what is happening down hole.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and complete pre-job meetings prior to starting any work at the beginning of each shift.
- Supervise Driller Assistant and their drill crew to ensure compliance with HSE requirements.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a drill and ancillary equipment, including, but not limited to; trucks, support vehicles, pumps, heaters, compressors, mud re-circulation systems, etc.
- Monitor instruments such as pressure gauges, feed or weight indicators as well as observe the volume, color and consistency of the returns from the hole.
- Employ various sampling techniques according to project and client requirements.
- Handle drill rods, core tubes and core samples.
- Mix and maintain drill muds.
- Monitor and maintain calcium chloride content during permafrost drilling operations.
- Assist The Company’s clients in the performance of their work, or tasks requested.
- Housekeeping and other duties as assigned by the project manager, shop or yard staff.
- Work safe and use all required safety equipment including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as per Regulator, Client and Company protocol.
- Complete daily pre-operation inspection reports on all drilling equipment including crew transport vehicles.
- All equipment with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 5500kg’s inspections must be completed (i.e. check oil levels, brakes, nuts on wheels, belts, windshield) in compliance with National Safety Code (NSC) requirements.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment immediately to the Project Manager or Supervisor.
- Monitor the drill site continuously for potential safety hazards.
- Ensure Driller Assistant maintains and organizes equipment, supplies and tooling for the drill rig and support vehicles.
- Take appropriate care of company property and equipment.
- Cleaning of equipment periodically while on projects of longer duration is also expected.
- Willingness to work weekends, out of town for extended periods and extensive hours in challenging weather and site conditions.
- Willingness to learn and implement mechanical, maintenance and drilling abilities.
- A Post-secondary or Technical Degree requiring 2 or more years of study if candidate is non-Canadians
- Valid driver’s licence to drive the drill rig or support vehicles
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- 1-2+ years of experience as Diamond Driller