- The Diesel Fitter (DF) will be a member of the maintenance team with primary focus/accountability for all maintenance activities for company plant and equipment.
- The Diesel Fitter (DF) will be accountable for maintenance of the KGL fleet, in addition to both planned and unplanned maintenance activities for all plant and equipment.
- The Diesel Fitter (DF) will have the necessary skills, experience, and training to deliver the expected results, performance, and functions of the role.
- Accountability for the safe operational delivery of all maintenance services of the company, with an obligation to ensure the SMO is continuously informed of opportunities, progress and results.
- To ensure that all maintenance reporting activities are adhered to and completed as per existing, and to be created, and submitted to the SMO for review and acceptance.
- Ensuring all maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- to ensure all allocated work is achieved on time, within budget and in accordance with the client specifications.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience required:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in the position with accountability for maintenance task assignment, including adherence to planned and unplanned maintenance.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience working in a contracting environment within mining and metals, civil, construction or heavy industrial industries.
- Strong working knowledge of HR and WHS requirements, expectations and practices within a mining and metals, civil, construction or heavy industrial context.
- Proven experience leading operational personnel.
- Strong working knowledge of knowledge and experience with CAT and Terex plant and equipment.
- Ideally a valid PNG drivers’ license.
- It is expected the DF will have the following personal attributes:
- Be a recognized team player and can lead, motivate, build teams, and work unsupervised.
- Exceptional oral and written skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Approachable, fair, and equitable in both business and personal dealings.
If this sounds like you, register below and APPLY NOW!
This position is open to PNG Nationals only. Due to large volume of applications received, we will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application has not made into shortlist. However, we will keep your CV for future reference.
Application closes on the 9th of March 2023.