The purpose of the Document Controller is to record and track all technical documentation produced by the project team, suppliers and third parties. They are responsible for accurately recording and reporting the status of project deliverables and completing an audit trail in compliance with ISO:9001. Throughout the course of the project the Document Controller compiles data to form the permanent technical record of the project.
- Good working knowledge of Document Control processes and procedures
- Ability to interact effectively with all stakeholders. Clear, fluent and expressive use of verbal and written language to convey information and ideas.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good time keeping and prioritisation skills
- Ability to deal with and manage conflicting priorities
- Highly competent in MS Office
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent internal project customer focus and able to consistently meet the project needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work effectively in the project team, and share and transfer knowledge within the team.
- Minimum 3 years Document Control experience in an engineering or construction project office