Drainage Designer – Brisbane, QLD
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift is seeking a Drainage Designer to work on a 12-month assignment in Brisbane, QLD with an Infrastructure Company.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage and deliver design projects in urban stormwater drainage systems using appropriate technical expertise and management skills.
- Lead and role model customer focused behaviour by delivering the highest standards of service to customers.
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agree performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take responsibility for optimising your potential within Company Client.
- Manage and undertake advanced projects in urban stormwater drainage systems utilising appropriate technical expertise and management skills ensure completion to agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
- Assist Unit Manager Drainage Design in the co-ordination of drafting resources for the multiple urban stormwater drainage projects to ensure optimum utilisation of resources.
- Provide expert / specialist advice and guidance to ensure project outcomes are aligned with customer’s objectives, policies and goals and to ensure appropriate application of technology.
- Assist in preparation of bids and proposals, utilising high level communication and technical skills, to build and enhance existing customer relationships.
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation and guidelines to ensure work is completed in accordance with legal obligations and Company Client’s policies and procedures.
- Provide professional and technical on-the-job training to staff in conjunction with the relevant team leaders to support their staff’s personal development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Civil Engineer or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a Draftsman or Civil Designer or Drainage Designer.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with the objective of contributing to the timely delivery of project design in a customer driven, business-like organisation.
- Demonstrated high-level computer skills and experience in the use of CADD systems such as 12D, AutoCAD, PC Drain.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in designing urban stormwater drainage systems and an ability to investigate and advise on technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver projects of limited complexity, with a strong focus on customer service and output delivery in accordance with agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org