Position Specific Description
Responsible for managing the Early Stage (ES) process for High Voltage Transmission and Substation projects. ES Project Manager (PM) coordinates and supports the Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction resources through the pre-construction (ES) activities for Transmission and Substation projects within the Engineering and Construction Business Unit (E&C).
Duties include the critical coordination of project activities such as scope definition, budget, schedule, procurement, engineering, permitting, and land. The ES PM is responsible for ensuring that each project is ready to be turned over to the Project Execution Team with an executable construction plan (including schedule, budget, permits, risks & mitigations, etc.).
Day to day activities as the Early Stage Project Manager include assisting in the development of project plans and scope definition with emphasis on constructability, schedule, and costs. The ES PM will coordinate multidisciplinary teams which include Development, Land, Environmental, Procurement, Legal, Engineering, Operations, Interconnection support, etc.
The ES Project Manager is responsible for preparing detailed Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation to competitively source, select, and contract outside engineering and construction services, including but not limited to, survey, Geotech, Lidar, etc.
The ES Project Manager is responsible to support the Estimating team with scope and assumptions for delivering financial model inputs to the respective business unit.
The ES Project Manager is responsible for representing E&C’s interest on assigned projects, including presentations and briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
This position is not responsible for the site-based construction management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management with experience in managing large scale (>$100MM) projects.
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate clearly and document critical verbal communications via e-mail or meeting minutes.
- Effectively balance scope, schedule, and costs on an ongoing basis. Manages change and ensures that all team members are “on the same page”.
- Available to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- PMP Certification
- Experience with large scale high voltage transmission and substation projects with a strong bias for action-oriented performers having solid business/commercial acumen.