Airswift is working with one of our major clients to an Intermediate EHS Specialist to join their team on a 1-year contract in Edmonton. This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the specific aspects of Environmental issues (air, climate change, waste, water). Will also function in a team environment with other members of the team, technicians, and hourly personnel to ensure EHS compliance.
- Assist certain assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and corporate policies.
- Track site progress and needs.
- Provide dates on projects for environmental compliance purposes.
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective action plans.
- Provide EHS guidance and compliance support to site EHS managers to ensure compliance with regulatory and program requirements.
- Participate in EHS compliance and program audits of manufacturing sites and service operations.
- Keep management apprised of progress and significant developments on key projects.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Hydrogeology or Geology or related technical discipline
- 7-10 years of experience in EHS Activities supporting a site/service
- Field compliance experience with federal and state EHS regulations (CAA, CWA, OSHA, codes, etc.) Proven project and program management skills