Electrical Design Engineer – Charlotte, NC
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to work within their facilities located in Charlotte, NC for an one year assignment plus extensions.
The Electrical Design Engineer’s scope of work is to supplement nuclear system engineering experience needed to assist in analyzing data pertaining to nuclear plant system/components, data transition/entry, and software testing for newly developed Equipment Reliability software. This role requires being familiar with nuclear power plant system/components, equipment reliability classifications, component failure modes, and identification of risk. This requires a level of comfort using data to assist the information technology teams in developing applications.
- Analyzing large amounts of power plant, system, and component data and coordinating with IT to insert into applications:
- Automation of Health reporting
- Automation of SPV monitoring
- Automation of Maintenance Rule Program
- Developing long term strategy for Asset Management
- Automation of tracking component failure modes as they relate to preventative maintenance
- Analysis of single point vulnerabilities and strategies to maintain their reliability.
- Analysis of component failure modes as they relate to preventative/predictive maintenance
- Plant and system risk assessments as they pertain to system/component health.
- Development and use of system and component monitoring strategies for nuclear power plants.
- Interfacing with nuclear site Operators, Engineers, and Maintenance on systems and components specifically to present the output of developed application and align on actions needed to close gaps.
- System Engineering and/or component engineering background
- Use of Equipment Reliability software
- Management of nuclear plant single point vulnerabilities
- Implementation of Maintenance Rule and MSPI programs as a site engineer
- Implementation of Equipment Reliability Procedures and Process a site engineer
- Experience working with large data sets for managing nuclear plant systems and component
- Use of power plant system and component drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance strategies
- Knowledge of power plant system design