We are looking for a motivated individual that wants to grow in their professional career. This individual will be joining a site-based project team supporting a local refinery at Pinjarra.
You will be supported by experienced designers to ensure that you have hands on experience to complement your current experience.
Full vaccination required and ability to safely travel to site (consider journey of <1.5 hr one way to site). On offer is a 12 month initial contract
- Meet design and drafting assignments on time and within budget
- Be involved with the delivery of electrical specific design and drafting services that meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the project scope is clear, identify changes to scope and ensure they comply with project change management processes.
- Ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with client checking procedures.
- Participate in project reviews as required.
- Have a full understanding & ability to perform specific design and drafting services on LV/HV, instrumentation & PLC electrical equipment such as:
- Distribution Single Line diagrams
- Schematic & Termination diagrams
- Cable routing and schedules
- Electrical Layouts
- Conversion of Vendor diagrams
- Brownfield interfaces
- Understanding of project phases and level of design required from concept through to execution.
- Ability to identify and report changes to project scope.
- Prepare & create engineering drawings and documentation in accordance with associated checking procedures.
- Red-line engineering drawings and package up work packs for workshare implementation
Job Specific Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience in Brownfield electrical systems modifications (LV/MV/HV) and instrumentation (essential)
- Electrical and Instrumentation design and drafting experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry, or similar (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information and detail to overseas Support Office. (essential)
- You have a “hit the ground running” attitude (essential)
- Good understanding of Australian electrical standards (essential)
- Pro-active with excellent attention to detail (essential)
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment (essential)
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity (essential)
- Able to work effectively in a small multi-disciplinary team located on site (essential)
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet its client’s needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- You will have completed either Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology-Electrical or an Electrical Tradesperson who has completed the Drafting & Estimates course (essential)
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- High proficiency in Microstation CAD systems
- Electrical Trade background highly desirable