The Electrical Engineer will join the existing electrical team and provide support to operations. The job will include working on new projects and supporting the daily needs of a running facility. This will involve coordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines for the overall project impacts on the existing infrastructure. The Electrical Engineer will provide input on projects from FEED to start up phases.
- Expert and technical contact point for electrical issues
- Accountable for electrical documentation and processes within the facility
- Responsible for input to designs that provide the most reliable and cost-effective electrical systems, as well as specifying and preparation of new equipment requirements.
- Responsible for technical opportunity management, project development, project execution and management of change for electrical small projects.
- Develop engineering packages for the execution of small projects.
- Assist with the design of new and upgrades of MI heat trace.
- Completion of an Electrical Engineering Degree with a minimum 15+ years of experience, preference will be given to candidates with Oil and Gas, petrochemical operating experience
- Knowledge and experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and systems.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code.
- Active professional member or eligible for professional membership with APEGA.
- Understands safety and mechanical integrity standards and maintains competence in these fields
- Occasional travel and coordination with site operation
- Be familiar with Power System Design software, ETAP or equivalent, to evaluate new design proposals.