Our client is seeking an Engineer to join their offshore wind engineering team to work at the largest project of its kind in the United States.
As part of the Engineering team, the successful candidate will work closely with our project managers, internal and external stakeholders, and package suppliers to support the design, fabrication, installation, and commissioning of company’s offshore wind projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as lead technical contact (SME) on HV/MV electrical systems and equipment.
- Evaluate equipment proposals to ensure conformance with project specifications and grid requirements.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to review and comment on project documentation (system design, engineering drawings, method statements, inspection and test plans, non-conformance reports, etc.)
- Coordinate document reviews and technical query responses with internal SMEs (corporate engineering, IT, regulatory compliance teams, etc.)
- Interface with Owner’s Engineer and Package Managers to lead electrical engineering support.
- Own the RFI process with suppliers and partners to support the initiation, tracking and resolution of technical queries.
- Provide electrical interface support across various project packages (wind turbine generators, foundations, offshore substations, transportation and installation, and onshore grid connection)
- Resolve technical challenges to support achieving the project schedule and budget requirements.
- Develop or improve processes to enable efficient engineering support of offshore wind projects.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Full knowledge of engineering theories and principles associated with the generation and/or transmission of electric power.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations, and practices.
- Experience with document management systems
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with utility-scale power/energy systems
- Ability to recognize commercial impacts resulting from technical decisions.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Three-phase power systems
- Wind turbine generators
- High-voltage transformers
- Substation design
- High-voltage cabling
- Auxiliary systems
- PJM grid requirements
- NERC compliance requirements
- Experience with HV electric transmission, SCADA systems, protective relays and substation design
Preferred Years of Experience:
• 5+ years of engineering experience around the generation and/or transmission of electric power;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license