Electrical Quality Manager
Location: Mons, Belgium (17/4 rotation)
Contract duration: 6–8-month contract (Possibility of extension)
Contract type: hourly rate
Start Date: ASAP
Project: Data centre
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a well-established building service engineering company, with major project experience across a wide range of sectors throughout Europe, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Belgium and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently looking for an Electrical quality manager who will report to the project manager and operate within the framework of the ISO 9001 documented QMS on an electrical and mechanical projects environment to implement the requirements of the specific quality plan and supporting ITP’s. This role would be working on a data centre project in Mons, Belgium.
The successful individual would be engaged on an initial 6–8-month contract with the possibility of renewal. There is flexibility on working schedule depending on what you would prefer, you can work standard 5 days a week or they offer a 17/4 rotation. Hourly rate is to be discussed and this would be an all-in rate to include travel and accommodation.
The Role and responsibilities
- Attend and present at project kick off meetings & presentations as required
- Contribute to quality subject requirements at subcontractor prequalification and tender stage
- Review project specified requirements and schematics and understand the systems interaction and how they make up the installation
- Develop the Project Quality Plan for each project based on the system definitions and scopes, client’s specification, and Industry standards applicable to each system using standard QA Plan template and company procedures and work instructions
- Develop the inspection and test plan for each discipline based on the specifics of the project specifications from pre-construction through to commissioning and handover
- Maintain the project QA dashboard for the project on a monthly basis
- Develop a systems handover list as part of the Project Quality Management System
- In Collaboration with the project planner, include quality audit and hold points in the project plan
- Submit the Project Quality Plan for approval to the client
- Develop the project systems list to include a plan for handover including dates for inspections and testing
- Liaise with each Project Manager to gain an understanding and continuous assessment of the vendors and subcontractors to the Project
- Provide the Project Team with training and orientation on the Quality Plan and the Quality standards to be applied on the project
- Ensure the Project Quality System and audit schedule is established as reflected in the Project Quality Plan with particular attention paid to:
-Procurement and Submittal Approvals
-Vendor Management and Quality Management of subcontractor Packages.
-Management of Materials.
-Quality Control of installation on a system-by-system basis.
-Project Audit scheduling
- Establish a turnover folder for each system
- Ensure testing and commissioning is completed on a system-by-system basis
- Ensure that the systems approach to installation is maintained and tracked to completion
- Ensure that drawings are actively as built, and systems handover is accurately documented
- Maintain an audit schedule, communicate it, and follow up on findings
- Interact with project team on site quality inductions and training on an ongoing basis
- Work with the business development team as required in compiling pre-qualification information and attendance at tender meetings
- Actively promote quality Assurance across teams
- Attend meetings with Client as required
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
• Data centre, Pharma, manufacturing & Construction background preferred
• Strong background in electrical engineering
• ISO 9001 Certification
• Previous experience as a quality lead / Manager
- Ability to priorities workload
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.