We are currently recruiting an experienced Rolling Stock Consultant with an Electrical Engineering background to work for a global transport consultancy with an expansive list of Australian Rail projects.
- Manage all aspects of consultancy assignments undertaken for clients including allocation, estimating, tendering, planning, execution and close out
- Providing specialist engineering guidance and expertise related to the rolling stock / locomotive discipline
- Present associated documentation, user requirements, system requirements, installation procedures, verification and validation, testing and commissioning, asset handover, type approval and maintenance procedures for electrical systems
- Assist in improving maintenance processes, strategies, scopes of work and modifications to improve rolling stock safety, performance, reliability and cost
- Design and checking of electrical systems submitted by the design team or contractors, ensuring they conform to required standards
- Providing technical and specialist engineering guidance and expertise on rollingstock and/or light rail
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 3+ years' experience in the rolling stock / rail industry
- Experience in the design and manufacture of rolling stock
- Experience in working in either a new-build or operational / service environment
- Understanding of interrelated systems and subsystems such as brakes, HVAC, traction systems, train control systems, signalling etc.)
- Exposure to heavy and light rail systems, both passenger and freight
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.