During Project Execute Phase (module fabrication, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up, ramp up)
- Effectively support quality CSU assurance activities
- Support team as “boots on the ground” to support quality and improvement opportunities.
- Review equipment practices, procedures and guidelines based on site experience gained during construction phase and vendor support.
- Build a collaborative working relationship with the Maintenance Team Lead and team members, demonstrate commitment to safety and drive constant improvement.
- Find opportunities for digitalization vs. “the way we have always done it”, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and future-proofing our business
- The Electrical Team Lead will be responsible to assist the Maintenance Team Lead to supervise a team of electrical technicians within a multi-discipline E, I&A team with the primary focus being on performing safe, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of work.
- Assist with managing to resources and ensuring scheduling information is up to date for maintenance schedulers.
- Provide expertise, to support effective short-term, mid-term, and long-term scheduling.
- Ensure flawless work progress updates and high-quality history are entered daily.
- Cascade the team’s feedback and recognize opportunities, maintaining communication with Maintenance Team Lead
- Assist in leading the safe execution of maintenance work plans by: Supporting toolbox talks for the team; providing detailed information for initial incident response for assigned process unit and reports; identifying the need for critical task analysis (CTA), and initiate requests for CTA development, Permit to Work field assessments, ensuring documents are in place for SWP compliance, regular field presence
- Ensure competent personnel assigned to work tasks.
- Develop people through coaching and mentoring reports.
- Manage costs to ensure unused material is returned to the warehouse; assist in SAP work history, and time management.
- Support of other site initiatives such as TA, Outages, Plant upsets, improvement initiatives, contract holding duties within their areas
- Recognized leadership experience in the relevant work environment
- Minimum 10 years of leadership maintenance experience in heavy industry, oil, heavy oil refining or closely related facility or comparable skill set preferably in a discipline
- Electrician Journey Person with Red Seal qualification
- Experience Operating and Maintaining Medium & High voltage systems in an industrial setting.
- Experience Maintaining, Troubleshooting, and Programming modern Digital relay-based power systems.
- Computer maintenance management systems (SAP).
- Able to manage delivery through own team, contractor, and vendors.
- Willing to work outdoors during inclement weather in all seasons including heavy snowfall and periods of heavy rain.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces. Plant design conditions provide structures that are significantly taller than those common in the industry, individuals must be comfortable with heights as well as travel to and from the workforce at heights.
- Valid Driver’s license, possibly convert to BC due to driving regulations.