Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for an Emergency Response Coordinator to work on a 12-months assignment in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for ensuring a level of response preparedness in compliance with government regulations, corporate policies and recognized best practices for the Gulf of Mexico (GOM), Louisiana, Houston, the North Slope and Anchorage facilities and their related Incident Management Teams (IMTs).
- Serve as the company's subject matter expert for the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Understand, manage and work within regulatory, internal policy/procedure and budget constraints to develop drills and training program that delivers annual and multi-year performance objectives.
- Help recruit IMT/CMT members, maintain appropriate IMT/CMT staffing levels, IMT/CMT training and encourage IMT members participation in events.
- Identify regulatory and corporate required exercises, coordinating with internal external stakeholders for scheduled activities and maintain the annual drills and training calendar.
- Design and execute emergency response exercises that involve tactical response personnel, IMTs, applicable regulatory agencies, subject-matter experts, observers, etc. as appropriate for the scenario.
- Document exercise-related compliance with all applicable agency regulations and corporate policies
- Create and assign action items associated with training and drill lessons learned. Follow up on and document resolution of action items in CAPA system.
- Fill a consulting role during the writing and updating of all regulatory required oil spill contingency plans.
- Maintain the company's Emergency Management Operations Centers (EMOCs) as needed.
- Serve as the administrator of Emergency Response related software such as IAP.
- BS degree preferred, but years of experience would qualify.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Emergency Response experience in the oil & gas industry with a working knowledge of offshore/land production and drilling operations.
- Knowledge of ADEC, BOEM, BSEE, EPA rules and regulations governing oil and gas
- Excellent computer skills in all MS products.
- Strong technical skills in the Incident Command System