Our client is in search of experienced Engineering Managers with ideally hydrometallurgical plant or mineral process backgrounds to support the execution of the engineering portion of a multi-discipline engineering scope of work on one or more projects. This role will be based at their facilities in Perth, WA and offers on a 12-month initial contract or Permanent Opportunities.
If you come from a EPCM background, you have led EPCM contract models or medium to large scale development, led multi-disciplinary engineering teams, greenfield projects (can have some brownfields too) and can be exposed between projects/deigned focused roles - need to have depth of design leadership as this will be main core responsibility.
You will contribute to delivery of engineering excellence through;
- Driving technical assurance on the assigned scope(s) of work
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the discipline engineering teams on the assigned scope(s) of work.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Developing and retaining motivated and competent people
- Undertaking the role of process owner
- Driving safety by design
- Driving and leading on opportunities for innovation
- Responsibility for coordinating and completing the various engineering, and start-up aspects of a project(s) while meeting HSSE, quality, schedule, and budget performance goals. Has responsibility for the technical excellence of the engineering portion of a project(s) across all disciplines.
- Driving technical assurance by; continuous promotion of corporate / client-specific procedures, assist in incident investigation, monitor compliance, roll out and implementation of learning opportunities from across the business, drive continual focus on process safety through the engineering team and drive elimination of technical incidents through robust controls, incident reviews and embedding lessons learned.
- Managing and Leading, supporting and supervising; Plan, organise, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations, assist in the management of recruitment, selection, transfers, performance management, succession planning and promotion of resources, ensure resourced and competent personnel on project / contract, oversight and control of engineering histogram to support workforce planning, assist in setting and maintaining standards for the development and retention.
- Management of key stakeholders in execution and delivery if contracted activities; Responsible for the engineering content of project execution plans for assigned contracts/projects, Focuses on managerial concerns of the project such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation. Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors the integration of work, Reviews technical concepts of major projects, solve difficult technical issues and conflicts, Accountable for the efficient planning and management of engineering resources, identifying ad pursuing opportunities for margin improvement, including HVEC utilisation.
- Undertake the role of process owner; Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, Directs the application of existing principles and the development of new policies and strategies aligned with OU, BU, and Corporate objectives, Conduit for a regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives, and industry technology developments
(please note we have an extensive JD for this role and if most of the above resonates with you please apply and we can send the JD after initial conversation)
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelor’s (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer/Registered Professional Engineer or equivalent with a recognized professional body.
- Typically requires 10+ years progressive experience in discipline engineering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of relevant safety and environmental standards and regulations.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 7,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
Please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Brooke Boston directly via email@example.com or