Engineering Technologist IV – Charlotte, NC
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Engineering Technologist IV to work within their facilities located in Charlotte, NC in a hybrid schedule for a 1- year assignment.
- Manage the “Extra Facilities” process from customer request through contractual implementation.
- Serve as LAM’s liaison with the Carolinas Customer Delivery organization for customer care, responsiveness, and execution of calculations in timely manner.
- Support of Extra Facility calculation/process support (consultation, methodology, support) and contract administration (execution, billing, follow-up, existing customer packages).
- In the form of technical guidance, working with LAM, Economic Development and Planning Engineers to secure and connect the potential customer.
- On site and/or building analysis; infrastructure availability, capacity, performance
- In serving as a liaison between Customer Delivery Planning Engineers and prospective clients (as identified by Economic Development) for site feasibility, electrical requirements, and rate analysis
- In the form of technical guidance, contribute Project Management to new installations for large Commercial and Industrial expansions.
- Provide project management support and lead for large customer projects (2MW) interacting with Transmission and Distribution, customer’s General Contractor & electrical contractor.
- Supports LAM in monitoring customer contracts, billing histories and initiating any needed corrective action. Provides technical support for Company Demand Side Management offers (e.g., Interruptible Service, standby generation, and PowerShare) and support for customer generation options (parallel generation, Net Metering, Small Customer Generator, etc.).
- Coordinate power reliability studies in conjunction with Customer Delivery – Asset Management team for large customers
- Serve as a resource for qualifying customer information on expansion/contractions/load changes to Transmission and Distribution (service application, upgrades, temporary services, in/out charges, sizing & executing contracts)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or Associate Degree in Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the Utilities Industry
- Experience with computer-based graphical design software such as MicroStation, CAD, Paint, etc.