This job entails reviewing and approving design work for improvements and upgrades to Distribution Systems from the substation to the customer. Experience with Distribution Design include reconductoring and underground cable replacements and knowledge of Maximo.
The job will include meeting with engineering firms, contractor specialists and contractors in the field. Responding to questions during construction of the upgrade to the system. This position is Hybrid and will require frequent trips to the field.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical, and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Education and skills:
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10+ years of experience and associate degree in engineering technology (or equivalent), or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.