Our client, a renewable energy asset developer, seeks an Environmental Advisor for a full-time permanent flexi-role working across multiple sites in the East and West Coast.
As Environmental Advisor, your main focus will be:
- Act as a key interface on site for environmental compliance advice and execution of Project environmental management systems.
- Lead development and delivery of environmental awareness initiatives
- Prepare and execute environmental compliance reviews and provide advice to contractors and Major Project Teams.
- Conduct field based activities including wildlife and environmental event response tasks.
- Undertake fauna handling activities, conduct site environmental training and risk assessments, provide guidance and support as required.
- Undertake environmental sampling as required.
- Lead land disturbance and management activities.
- Support and champion Social performance objectives
- Tertiary qualifications in the field of environmental science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within the mining industry or Major Project delivery.
- Knowledge of state and Federal Legislation and associated Project approvals.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing environmental management systems and compliance activities.
- Strong team focus, with the ability to organize communicate and prioritize outcomes effectively to ensure protection of key environmental and social values.
- Flexible to travel.
Please note, candidates will need to have full working rights to be considered. Flights are only offered from NSW or ACT.