Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oil & Gas - FPSO
Engineering & Design
May 12, 2023
Airswift is seeking an Equipment Engineer - Rigging to work on a contract outsourced by Airswift in Rio de Janeiro or Macaé with a major Oil & Gas Company.
• Develop engineered cargo handling plans (Rigging Plans) for all fleet operating units
• Responsible for contributing to the safety and reliability of controlled lifting and handling activities.
• Carry out lifting and transit calculations for loads.
• Wind speed studies for lifting loads.
• Dimensioning of crane cables and load handling accessories suitable for lifting activities.
• Experience with engineering analysis/analyses associated with the design of lifting equipment (structural analysis, static calculations, etc.)
• Knowledge of technical standards maintained by rigging engineering, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Carry out a review of designs and manufacturing drawings of cargo handling plans.
• Develop procedures and work instructions for cargo handling plans.
• Devise new approaches to solving unusual or complex rigging engineering problems.
• Conduct training of other professionals for the development of cargo handling plans
• Be responsible for observing all rules, regulations and other obligations fulfilled in activities conducted on behalf of the Company.
• Estimate, plan and track progress in preparing course results
• Other activities related to cargo movement and transportation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering is mandatory (preferably in Mechanical/Civil/Structural Engineering).
• Graduate studies in areas related to the discipline are a plus.
• MBA or equivalent is a plus.
• Active CREA is mandatory
Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients in STEM industries. We offer a turnkey workforce solution to acquire, mobilize and employ top talent in over 70 countries. With 800 employees in over 60 offices worldwide, 7,000 contractors and a candidate database of 1.5m specialists, our geographical reach and pool of available talent, experience and expertise is unmatched in the industry. We are proud to serve as a trusted advisor to clients looking to expand their operations internationally and offer employer of record services, payroll outsourcing, as well as HR consulting.