Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Language: Fluent English, Danish language is advantageous
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Equipment Manager, offshore wind, offshore wind grouts, Quality and HSE, Supervision, Management
The company is a global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. Due to continuous growth, they are searching for an Equipment Manager to be based in Aalborg, Denmark.
The company is a world leader in the research, development, and manufacture of structural and semi-structural adhesives, grouting, and chocking compounds, sprayable syntactic materials, wear-resistant coatings, and repair compounds.
The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique Business Model to drive solid growth in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. The company has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized, and entrepreneurial culture.
You will join a company of high achievers, with award-won and multiple-won projects, with exponential growth and operations in 50 – 60 countries.
The Equipment Manager is a key position at the company’s Performance Polymers and will manage and ensure proper management, maintenance, and repair of the equipment and successful performance of the team and equipment on installation projects. The ultimate responsibility is to lead, manage, motivate, develop, and retain a successful Supervisor’s team to meet and exceed the Division’s segment’s growth objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop the allocation and deployment of all offshore equipment and supervisors worldwide.
- Responsible for performing service and maintenance of standard and bespoke equipment schedules are met without incurring any downtime or lost hours
- Responsible for Preparation checks out and testing of equipment prior to mobilization
- Responsible for Service and disassembly of equipment after demobilization
- Responsible for equipment documentation, logs, and maintenance reports
- Supervising implementation and maintenance activities of machinery
- Drive needed tradeoff discussions and decisions to ensure the best setup between external sourcing and internal maintenance
- Manage Supervisors in the day-to-day performance of their jobs when in warehouse/ workshop
- Responsible for the daily workshop operation, delegating and prioritizing
- Manage all operational budgets in relation to EQ from services, expenses, and investments for equipment to full-scale testing, spare parts, and installations are presented timely and upon request
- Ensures that project/ department milestones/ goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Support and oversee the equipment spare parts stock to optimize warehouse inventory in the most cost-effective way without compromising equipment reliability
- Follow through and make fast changes when needed to fulfill the intention of the technical solution of the Equipment
- Ensure suppliers are delivering according to technical requirements
- Actively assist and participate in the planning and development of procedures and policies for designing, developing, and implementing equipment including practical tests
- Provide support with the certifications of existing and new build equipment including DNV, CE, GL
- Track and control the records, licenses, inspections, warranties, and service agreements for the organization’s EQ and tools.
- Keep all equipment test records up to date and in an orderly manner
- Track EQ quality and make recommendations for alternatives if needed
- Support future growth ambitions and commercial strategy in new product launches by ensuring progress and creating test plans which are validating the Concepts
- Be a recognized leader in Safety. Ensure that all plant safety rules, and safety procedures are observed by all personnel internally and externally.
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality-related policies, and procedures
- Ensure that all the work on the project and in the workshop is carried out in accordance with all HSE procedures for both internal and external personnel.
- Develop additional necessary procedures as required
- Identify development needs for the maintenance team and design development plans for them in coordination with HR
- Actively collaborate on devising and developing company literature, presentations, and tools.
- Engineering background or similar
- 3+ years experience in a related area with proven leadership skills
- 3+ years’ proven experience in project management
- 1-3 years’ supervisory experience is welcomed
- Ability to read, interpret, write, and communicate complex technical documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English – business and technical nature.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good priority setting and organizational skills.
- Positive, motivated, and ambitious.
- Flexible and reliable team player
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team
- Able to handle ad-hoc situations well
- Highly focused on promoting Quality and HSE in the daily work
- proficient in MS Office.
- keen mind on the continuous development of EQ
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org