Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, ...
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a national operator to source an Interior Designer. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis. Please see details below.
Title: Interior Designer
Start Date: ASAP
Working Schedule: 5 days per week / 8-9 hours per day or as per project requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Review and comment on Consultant's/Contractor's concept / design / working drawings, specifications and submittals to ensure compliance with OP standards and project briefs, conforming with the following:
• Review design brief with Senior Project Engineers and where necessary seek further clarification before proceeding with task.
• Ensure designs accommodate the space requirements.
• Working with other Discipline Engineers assigned to the project, ensure compatibility between interior systems / FF&E systems and architectural systems, structural systems and building services elements.
• Ensure interior designs, finishes and FF&E selections are feasible, practical, and appropriate to the project, meet the end-user needs and are cost effective.
• Recommend changes as necessary.
• Identify problem areas and suggest solutions.
• Demonstrate initiative in design solutions and work with due care and thought.
• Act responsibly in carrying out instructions from Lead Project Engineers, Head Designer and Senior Project Engineers
• Maintain confidentiality at all times with respect to OP activities and policies.
• Coordinate FF&E / Signage tender packages including the development of performancebased specifications that comply with all relevant sourcing policies and the completion of the technical evaluation of bids. Work with Materials Department to ensure timely execution of FF&E / Signage tender packages and FF&E / Signage supply and installation.
• Achieve familiarization with the EDS - Special Projects Archive and Architectural, Interior, Civil, Structural and Building Services record drawings and retrieve there from when directed by the Head Designer/ Lead Discipline and Lead Project Engineers/ Senior Project Engineers.
• When required coordinate with Senior Designers (Architectural/Civil) to arrange for update to drawings to meet the requirements of the Design brief.
• Assist in the updating of a register of materials standards, specifications and standard details.
• Estimate and report to Head Designer and/or Senior Project Engineers on the man-hour requirement to meet each task in good time to enable all work to be programmed.
• Carry out checks on existing Architectural, Interior Design and FF&E drawings to ensure they are correct and no discrepancies exist and notify Head Designer and/or Senior Project Engineers accordingly, seeking and acting on guidance on appropriate action there from.
• Organize directly with Head Designer for supply and maintenance of all hardware and material supplies necessary to meet the requirement of this job description.
• BSc/SA or equivalent in Interior Design, Civil or Architectural Engineering.
Knowledge and Key Skills
• Minimum 8 years broad experience in building projects, and ability to identify and formulate practical solutions to the spectrum of architectural and interior design issues.
• Experience in both design and construction works, prepare scope of works and specification writing, with knowledge in reviewing and recommending a large range of building materials, is essential.
• Carries out his duties in accordance with accepted Engineering practices keeping his supervisor(s) informed on routine matters.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV with contact details.
Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Our client, a leading global provider of information and communications ...
Our client, a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices is currently looking for Fresh Graduates to join their team in Port Moresby, PNG.
Responsible for corresponding solution planning and design, technical proposal write up, business quotation & presentation, solution clarification, contract negotiation, etc.
Analyse the competitor information, develop and execute competitive strategies
Work closely with account team for identifying business opportunities, conduct business development opportunities and follow through company strategy.
Responsible for mid-high-level customer relationship management.
Conduct technical workshop for customers, analyse the existing problems and challenges of customers' existing networks, combined with industry development trends, to put forward future-oriented network design & solution
Work closely with customers, engineers and vendors to address and track end-to-end solution related issues.
Responsible for project tasks assigned and to handle the tasks well within the given schedules.
Provide coaching and mentoring for junior engineer(s), to ensure that the knowledge transfer is smooth and junior engineer(s) always perform up to company expectation
Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
Vendor or Operator experience is preferred.
Knowledge about Huawei solutions and products is preferred
Applications close Thursday 7th September 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don't hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role. We will however, keep your profile within our database for future reference.