Under moderate supervision, perform such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements for Trainee Operator, the Assistant Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primarily tool maintenance.
- Operate, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; “zeros” tools and monitor tension meters, cable speed, depth, and spooling of cable.
- Understand depth control and weight indicator systems.
- Use all winch cable safety controls.
- Prepare well for service operations, align the logging unit, install sheave wheel, thread cables, and connect multiple tools as required.
- Learn to select, load, and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
- Learn to assist the engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell!
- Participate in inspecting, maintaining, and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment, according to the RITE program.
- Lean to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables
- Learn to build bridles and heads
- Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Attend and participate in safety meetings as required
- Keep and maintain timesheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
- Keep up to date on >90% of NEST requirements
- Perform tool TRIM
- Calibrate tools as required.