We are currently recruiting Estimators and Senior Estimators with rail sector experience to work on a large pipeline of major infrastructure projects on the east coast, for a highly regarded tier 1 contractor.
Experience in pricing rail specific construction projects is key to success in this role.
Location Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
- Develop estimates, quantities, prices, costings for rail projects, utilising first principles knowledge to develop accurate estimates
- Development of subcontractor work packages and review
- Assess both design and construction contingency costs
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Identify, price and submit head contract variations to the client, and negotiate financial outcomes
- Participate in clarification discussions and client meetings
- Provide input to construction methodologies and tender programs, to arrive at the most cost effective solution
- Relevant degree or qualification such as Construction Management, Project Management, Civil or Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years estimating experience
- First principles knowledge
- Exposure to estimating software e.g. Expert Estimation, Candy, CostX
- Pricing knowledge related to rail specific disciplines such as Signalling, Track/Civil, Electrical/Traction Power/OHW, Comms, M&E
- Australian working rights
Contact email@example.com for more information.